2018 NICKEL Conference: Framing Leadership in Engineering Design Teams
Engineering is a team sport. To be effective, teams need leadership from all players. This conference will demonstrate practical approaches, exercises and models for embedding leadership learning in engineering design courses. We have curated a set of experiential learning sessions that highlight emerging good practice across the country.
Objectives for NICKEL 2018:
- Build relationships between individuals engaged in engineering leadership education.
- Form a network of learning and action.
- Demonstrate and experience active leadership learning.
- Share best practices and greatest challenges.
- Integrate new ideas into university programs.
- Stimulate interest in research on engineering leadership and its pedagogy
Who Should Attend?
University faculty, staff and instructors from Canadian universities with a personal interest and passion for the topic and role alignment with engineering leadership initiatives.
How to Register:
To apply to participate in the 2018 NICKEL Conference, please apply by July 16, 2018:
- For each individual, fill out the form below with your name, position, university and brief bios (or website links).
- For each university, send a single letter of support from your Dean (or equivalent) – not required for returning NICKEL participants.
The conference fee is $200 per person to cover food & refreshments. Bring a cheque to the conference.
For the full details on the conference, please follow this link to download the Call for Participants: https://tinyurl.com/NICKEL2018Call.
If you have issues submitting the form, please email Mike Klassen (email@example.com) and Patricia Sheridan (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your information and we will respond to confirm your registration.